Learn about events, happenings and more
Are you in need of a Man Cave?
Tuesday, 12 September 2017 | Muhammad Awais
The definition of a man cave is a place of privacy for a man, including his decorations and the things needed for his hobbies and interests. A Man Cave might be the garage, a spare room, a media room or a purpose-built space within the home.
In the 70’s a ‘Man Cave’ was cracking a beer out of an esky down the back in your shed with a mate or two. There was, and still is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but have a look around, man caves have come a very long way.
Today we have access to the internet and with it a plethora of inspiration. We thought we would draw attention to the idea of creating the perfect man cave, whilst utilising items that are recycled, re purposed and reused, ALLBIDS primary focus. We have visited Pinterest, You Tube and read numerous Top 20 tips. There is no right or wrong but there are a few things you should consider when planning your space.
- A big screen TV, we all want the biggest screen possible, but remember to keep it in proportion to the space you have.
- A comfy lounge, again keep it in proportion to the space you are in. If you will comfortably fit a two seater, don’t try to squeeze in a large modular. A lounge doesn’t have to be a big-ticket item. We regularly have lounges come in, both new and used. You could pick one up for as little as $40.
- What kind of a man cave doesn’t have a bar? It isn’t necessary to have one in order to feel awesome in your man cave but it is a great feature. It doesn’t have to be big, it just has to be there. If you are handy, make your own with pallets. There are great pallet furniture ideas here
- We always have a range of sporting memorabilia online, most of which is auctioned for community and charity groups. Spoil yourself, grab a piece for your man cave and feel great about it by supporting others.
- Art doesn’t have to come in a frame. Dust your caps of and hang them on the wall.
This list could go on, what is most important is to make a space that is comfortable for you. Surround yourself with art, sporting memorabilia, create the ultimate gaming space, to each their own. Set a budget and stick to it. Shop at ALLBIDS.com.au or sell your unused items via auction to fund the man cave. Recycle, repurpose, reuse, always remember ‘One man’s trash is another man’s treasure’.